Ira Weiner is a Member in the Firm’s Land Use Department. Mr. Weiner’s areas of emphasis include development applications and objections, appeals from zoning and planning boards, ordinance challenges, state agency appeals, and litigating land-use and municipal matters at all levels of the New Jersey courts. Mr. Weiner is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the New Jersey State Bar Association Land Use Section.
Mr. Weiner covers a broad range of complex matters involving land use and real estate. He specializes in appearing before zoning and planning boards, both for developers and groups objecting to development. He has dealt with numerous appeals of board decisions in the Superior Court, Law Division, and Appellate Division. He has also appeared before the New Jersey Supreme Court. Mr. Weiner also litigates zoning ordinance challenges and administrative appeals from the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection and other administrative agencies involved in land-development issues.
Mr. Weiner also has experience in insurance matters. He previously was the general counsel for a large regional insurance broker, and was a member of the Professional Insurance Agents Legislative, Technical and Company Relations Committee.
Throughout his career, Mr. Weiner has dedicated himself to public and community service, which has helped hone his expertise in the ins and outs of zoning and land use. Among his many accomplishments, he formerly served on the Township Council and as Mayor of Vernon Township. In addition, he served as a commissioner on the Two Bridges Sewer Authority and as president of the Hidden Valley Property Owners Association. He has been a member of many boards and commissions in Vernon, including the planning board, zoning board of adjustment, historic commission and board of health.See Award Methodology
- Stop & Shop Supermarket Co., LLC v. Cty. of Bergen, 450 N.J. Super. 286 (App. Div. 2017)
- Inserra Supermarkets, Inc. v. Stop & Shop Supermarket Co., LLC, 240 F. Supp. 3d 299 (D.N.J. 2017)
- Mahwah Realty Associates, Inc. v. Township of Mahwah, 430 N.J. Super. 247 (App. Div. 2013)
- Northgate Condominium Ass'n, Inc. v. Borough of Hillsdale Planning Board, 214 N.J. 120 (2013)
- TSI East Brunswick, LLC v. East Brunswick Zoning Bd. of Adjustment, 215 N.J. 26 (2013)
- Kinderkamack Road Associates, LLC v. Mayor and Council of Borough of Oradell, 421 N.J. Super. 8 (App. Div. 2011)
- Mahwah Realty Associates, Inc. v. Township of Mahwah, 420 N.J. Super. 341 (App. Div. 2011)
- Nuckel v. Borough of Little Ferry Planning Bd., 208 N.J. 95 (2011)
- Reich v. Borough of Fort Lee Zoning Bd. of Adjustment, 414 N.J. Super. 483 (App. Div. 2010)
- I/M/O Riverview Development, LLC, 411 N.J. Super. 409 (App. Div. 2010)
- Hills of Troy Neighborhood Association, Inc. v. Township of Parsippany-Troy Hills, Omnipoint Communications, Inc. and Sprint Spectrum, L.P., 392 N.J. Super. 593 (Law Div. 2005)
- Midlantic National Bank, a National Banking Association v. Thomas C. Coyne and Leonard Bornstein, 222 N.J. Super. 649 (Law Div. 1987)