John J. Lamb is a Member at Beattie Padovano, LLC, practicing in the area of Land Use and Environmental Law. He has extensive expertise in real estate matters, including in particular the intricate and complex area of zoning. During his 37+ year career, Mr. Lamb has represented numerous community associations, private developers, prominent national and regional developers, contractors, and commercial property owners, among others.
Mr. Lamb has served as counsel to the Maywood Planning Board-Zoning Board of Adjustment (1984-2011) and the Oradell Board of Adjustment (1993-2012).
A recognized expert in the area of community association law, Mr. Lamb has authored the chapter of a national real estate treatise entitled "The Administration of Condominium Associations," published by Matthew Bender and Associates. In addition, he has been a frequent lecturer for the New Jersey State Bar Association in Community Association Law, the Community Associations Institute, and the Institute for Continuing Legal Education.
Among his professional affiliations, Mr. Lamb is a member of the Bergen County Bar Association and the New Jersey State Bar Association. For the latter, he has previously served on their Program Committee for the Real Property, Probate and Trust Section.
Mr. Lamb has argued numerous real estate and land use cases in the Superior Court - Law Division, the Appellate Division, and the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Stop & Shop Supermarket Co., LLC v. Cty. of Bergen, 450 N.J. Super. 286 (App. Div. 2017)
- Inserra Supermarkets, Inc. v. Stop & Shop Supermarket Co., LLC, 240 F. Supp. 3d 299 (D.N.J. 2017)
- Mahwah Realty Associates, Inc. v. Township of Mahwah, 430 N.J. Super. 247 (App. Div. 2013)
- Northgate Condominium Ass'n, Inc. v. Borough of Hillsdale Planning Board, 214 N.J. 120 (2013)
- TSI East Brunswick, LLC v. East Brunswick Zoning Bd. of Adjustment, 215 N.J. 26 (2013)
- TSI East Brunswick, LLC v. Zoning Bd. of Adjustment of Tp. of East Brunswick, 2012 WL 652550 (N.J.Super. A.D.)
- TSI Marlboro, Inc. v. Township of Marlboro Zoning Bd. of Adjustment, 2011 WL 358146 (N.J.Super. A.D. August 17, 2011)
- Kinderkamack Road Associates, LLC v. Mayor and Council of Borough of Oradell, 421 N.J. Super. 8 (App. Div. 2011)
- Northgate Condominium Ass'n, Inc. v. Caliber Builders, Inc., 2011 WL 1135182 (N.J.Super.A.D., March 30, 2011)
- Northgate Condominium Ass'n, Inc. v. Borough of Hillsdale Planning Bd., 2011 WL 204852 (N.J.Super.A.D. January 24, 2011)
- Nuckel v. Borough of Little Ferry Planning Bd., 208 N.J. 95 (2011)
- Mahwah Realty Associates, Inc. v. Township of Mahwah, 420 N.J. Super. 341 (App. Div. 2011)
- Nuckel v. Borough of Little Ferry Planning Bd., 2010 WL 1657349 (N.J.Super.A.D. April 21, 2010)
- Reich v. Borough of Fort Lee Zoning Bd. of Adjustment, 414 N.J. Super. 483 (App. Div. 2010)
- I/M/O Riverview Development, LLC, 411 N.J. Super. 409 (App. Div. 2010)
- State ex rel. Municipality of Oakland v. Bartholome, 2009 WL 1451335 (N.J.Super.A.D. May 27, 2009)
- ANM Realty v. New Jersey Dept. of Environmental Protection, 2009 WL 222764 (N.J.Super.A.D. February 2, 2009)
- TSI Marlboro, Inc. v. Township of Marlboro Zoning Bd. of Adjustment, 2008 WL 4091680 (N.J.Super.A.D. September 5, 2008)
- Bergen Ridge Homeowners Ass'n, Inc. v. Township of North Bergen, 2007 WL 4372774 (N.J.Super.A.D. December 17, 2007)
- Flopart Company, LLC v. Board of Adjustment, 2007 WL 3306712 (N.J.Super.A.D. November 9, 2007)
- Nuckel v. Borough of Little Ferry Planning Bd., 2007 WL 2482687 (N.J.Super.A.D. September 5, 2007)
- Scudese v. Washington Tp. Planning Bd., 2007 WL 2238629 (N.J.Super.A.D. August 6, 2007)
- Nuckel v. New Jersey Meadowlands Com'n, 2006 WL 2590335 (N.J.SuperA.D. August 8, 2006)
- Funeral Home Management, Inc. v. Basralian, 319 N.J. Super. 200 (App. Div. 1999)
- Stonehill Property Owners Ass'n, Inc. v. Township of Vernon, 312 N.J. Super 68 (App. Div. 1998)
- Holbert v. Great Gorge Village S. Condominium Council, 281 N.J. Super. 222 (Ch. Div. 1994)
- Plainfield v. Goodwill Home & Missions Inc., 4 N.J. Tax 537 (1982)